How to remove someone from a group text is not difficult for Android and iPhone. I think it’s safe to say that most people are used to group messaging features on their phones. Dealing with multiple people in a text message can be challenging, but that’s why there is the option to remove someone from a group text.
Unfortunately, many users overlook this option and are forced to share the group message with other people or delete them together. This article will guide you on how to remove someone from a group text on Android & iPhone.
How to Remove Someone from a Group Text
If you want to remove someone from a group text, you can do so on Android and iOS. It’s easy to get into a group text conversation with more than one person, so you’ll want to ensure that the person you want to remove is the only one who cannot see your message.
How do you Remove Someone from a Group Text
- Open iMessage, and go to the group chat you want to remove someone.
- At the top of the group chat, you’ll see cluster names of members list, Tap it and select Info. This icon looks like an “i” under the group name.
- Tap the arrow right in front of the group name to view the list of contacts in the group
- To remove someone, kindly locate the contact you want to remove from the group text, swipe left over the name you want to remove, and Tap Remove.
Note: If the group has less than 4 participants, you won’t be able to remove anyone from the chat.
Remove yourself from the group chat.
If you don’t want to be a part of the group text anymore, you can remove yourself from a group by following these steps:
On your device, open iMessage > group chat > Info, scroll down to the bottom of the page and tap “leave this conversation” a confirmation box will pop up to confirm this. Just proceed to remove yourself from the group conversation successfully.
- Open the Messages app on your phone.
- Tap on the group message, and scroll down until you see “More” at the top right corner of your screen.
- Tap More next to any other names listed in that group message thread.
- Tap on Options next to the name of the person who will no longer be part of this conversation.
Agree to delete their profile from this conversation by tapping on the Delete Profile option in the blue circle at the bottom right corner of the screen.
We hope you found the guide on how to remove someone from a group text on Android & IPhone helpful. If there’s anything we didn’t address, just let us know.